Who we are
Promo.com is the #1 online video creation platform and at our core is the dedication to empower our customers to promote anything with the power of videos.
We’ve recently completed a $16M series B investment led by Getty Images and are focused on using advanced technology to build cutting-edge products and features that will help our customers reach their goals.
We are seeking a Backend Architect to join our Engineering team, work closely with our VP of R&D and drive change in our product’s backend architecture and infrastructure.
Who you are
A leader who is also a 100% hands-on developer. A professional who will help to launch new products, solve architectural issues and tackle challenges with passion.
You are a fast learner, solutions & results-oriented with an ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people. You will be responsible for recruiting, onboarding and mentoring new backend developers and have a direct impact on our growth and products.
- At least 7 years of experience in developing Backend complex systems and Architectural experience with 2+ years of experience in Systems Architecture and 5+ years of experience in hands-on Backend Development
- You are fluent in Golang, PHP, or other OOP language
- You understand micro-services architecture principles
- You have experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcache, MongoDB, Rabbitmq (or other job queues), FFmpeg, and nodeJS.
- Docker experience - Must
- Having hands-on experience on Kubernetes - Must
- You are experienced in working with cloud technologies.
- You have worked in an Agile scrum environment.
What you’ll do
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and drive change in our product’s architecture and infrastructure.
- You will take on a meaningful role in Promo.com’s Backend development and be a key member of our R&D team.
- You will prototype, develop and perfect the next generation of apps, products, and features for Promo’s services.
- Mentor new BE developers.
- Participate in every stage of the software development lifecycle including architecture, design, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery.
- You will work closely with our CTO, engineers and product managers and will have a huge impact on the product, technology stack and architecture.
Why Promo is the best place for you
- We have an awesome product. Our cutting-edge video maker is a world leader in the field and impacts the businesses of our customers daily, helping them grow and reach their goals.
- We work hard. We are constantly striving to discover new and innovative ways to improve and maintain our status as the world’s leading online video maker.
- We invest in people. We consider each employee a long-term investment and we see value in continuously nurturing and training our team members. We also understand the importance of family time and some “me” time and strive to achieve a perfect work-life balance.
- We love to have fun. We truly enjoy each other’s company and we love spending time together!
Legend has it that some of our best employees didn’t 100% fit the job description. If you think that you’re perfect for the job and meet all or most of the requirements - apply now