Promo.com built the first online video creation platform of its kind and was able to create great momentum and achieve incredible revenue growth to position it as a leader and innovator in the space. Having recently raised a $16 million Series B round led by our great partners Getty Images, we are ready to take the next step in the evolution of Promo.com and further empower businesses with great visual content and tools that simplify, centralize and democratize their online marketing and social media activities.
We are looking for a data-driven and creative CMO to join our leadership team, work directly with our CEO and help us write the next chapter of the Promo.com story.
We're looking for a seasoned and proven leader who is passionate about our space, quick on their feet, a great team player, and has experience managing and optimizing big marketing budgets, to drive scale on our path to $1B. We are targeting x3 in revenue over the next 18 months and x10 in valuation.
As Chief Marketing Officer you will oversee Promo.com’s marketing and user acquisition activities, as well as brand strategy. That includes the creation, management, and implementation of Promo.com’s overall GTM plans, developing and executing effective marketing and growth strategies that will drive subscriber traffic, increase conversions, improve retention, drive recognition, engagement, and brand affinity, and loyalty.
What you’ll do
- Work with the CEO, Product, R&D and Customer Success teams to create a compelling go-to-market plan that takes Promo into its next phase of revenue growth.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and establish marketing-specific metrics that will have a direct impact on company revenue goals.
- Build, lead and empower a high-performing collaborative team of marketers across all relevant departments. Teams under your responsibility will be in charge of ideating, prioritizing, designing, and implementing company marketing campaigns and user engagement strategies that accelerate viral adoption of the company’s products.
- Conceptualize and implement a marketing roadmap and translate concepts into actionable quarterly objectives.
- Lead the overall planning, development and alignment of Promo’s presence and brand across our suite of products to increase salience for our customers, partners, prospects, and the press.
- Own messaging in partnership with Product, Creative and Customer Success to stay ahead of market trends. Create a constant feedback loop with our customer’s needs, and establish differentiated market positioning.
- Own the brand marketing budget, optimize the marketing spend and translate strategies into the detailed budget and resource plans.
- Work closely with Finance to update forecasts and reports.
- Attract, build, lead, and retain a high-performing, multifunctional, diverse team that is dedicated to the mission of the organization.
- KPI Tracking, Analysis & Reporting: Lead a program of brand tracking, research, and campaign analysis, reporting achievements and performance.
Who you are
- A data-driven growth marketer with orientation to revenue management and biz dev, with a creative flair. You have the equivalent of 10+ years of experience in fast-growing global B2B SAAS companies with proven ability to scale a business from its growth stages to the next level and a track record of quantifiable results and success. Proven track record of $30m+ ARR is a must.
- A skilled leader. You have prior experience with successfully building and leading a team of 10+ employees with exceptional Data and BI, communication and presentation skills and excellent creative storytelling abilities.
- A driving force. You are hungry and resourceful, resilient and curious, and you have the skill set to lead marketing processes from A-Z: From ideation to execution, measurement, and optimization.
- A go-getter. You are passionate about identifying new opportunities for growth and mining for insights by analyzing customer data.
- An acrobat. You are comfortable working in a fast-changing, adaptive environment
- Master planner. You are able to translate strategic goals into year-round tactical plans, and work with the CEO and CFO to translate them into business impact and results.
Why Promo is the best place for you
- We have waited for you for a while now! You will work where you are appreciated. Your contributions will be meaningful and imperative to the success of the company, both in running the marketing department and as an important figure within the company’s management team.
- We have an awesome product that is appreciated throughout the industry. Our cutting-edge video maker is helping small businesses everywhere reach their goals. With partners like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Getty Images and TikTok, Shopify to name a few, we are at the forefront of creativity and technology.
- We work hard. We are constantly striving to discover new and innovative ways to improve and elevate our position in the market and build consistent great user experiences that drive revenue growth.
- We invest in people. We consider each employee a long-term investment and we see value in continuously nurturing and training them. We learn from each other and from our mistakes. We remind each other to focus on the good and valuable and respect each other's time and talent. Life is too short, we want to build something real and valuable, and enjoy the journey.