- Read our contributor guidelines
- If you are interested in becoming a contributor and/or syndicating your blog with us, please fill out our online application to get started, and be prepared to provide the following:
- Your name & contact information
- Your website/blog URL
- 3 related writing samples which demonstrate the topics and quality of the posts that you intend to submit.
We are currently receiving a high volume of requests every day and we appreciate your patience as we handle these requests as quickly as possible, in the order that they were received.
Articles submitted for consideration should be of interest and appropriate for the readers of the Promo.com Blog. We prefer articles that introduce new ideas and advance conversations around topics and trends that engage our readers – think op-ed rather than content marketing. We appreciate lively, polished writing that balances research or news with memorable anecdotes or examples that help illustrate your point of view.
Items to include
- Main Text
- Meta Description (100-150 characters long)
- Optional but recommended: Internal images
(in labeled file) + screenshots
- All additional designs in an editable format
- Guest Author photo
- Guest Author short bio
Ready to Publish
Given the large volume of posts that we receive daily, we ask that your posts be in a ready-to-publish state that is consistent with our existing content standard when you submit them for
final review. While we review each post and
may adjust formatting as needed, posts
requiring heavy editing may be rejected.
What counts as an acceptable CTA:
- A download of some sort of content resource (guide, report, white paper, eBook, etc.)
- Registration for an event (webinar or live event)
- A free demo (must link to signup page)
- A link to an external article or website
What does not count as an acceptable CTA:
- A call to follow the company on social media, including social profile links
- A call to subscribe to email newsletters and other related subscriptions
- A call to contact a company, including all forms of contact information
We might syndicate content published on the
Promo.com Blog to third parties such as
Medium, Yahoo! News, Bing News, Google
News, and content distribution platforms.
Please proofread and edit your posts carefully
before submitting, as they syndicate the version
originally published on our site. We cannot edit
or remove posts once they are live, and we do
not have the ability to edit or remove posts
syndicated to external sites. If repeated
requests to edit are made, your contributor
status may be revoked.
Originality and accuracy
All contributors are responsible for the
originality and accuracy of their submissions.
Any contributor found to be plagiarizing any
percentage of his or her content will be subject
to an investigation of his or her entire body of
work. If found guilty of plagiarism, the offending
author will be banned from the community with
all content removed.
Plagiarism includes but is not limited to:
- Copying another person’s work word-for-word and submitting it as your own
- Copying another person’s work and changing some words or phrases
- “Spinning” another person’s work
- Using another person’s ideas as your own, including the progression, flow, examples,
- Copying content from any website, whether an author is given or not
Content to avoid
While we encourage drawing from your own
experiences in business to support your ideas,
over-the-top self-promotion (of yourself or your
company) will prevent us from publishing your
article. The same goes for dense jargon and
abstract, blanket assertions.
Posts may not be promotional or advertorial.
We do not publish company-specific news,
press releases, or content reading similar to a
press release. Contributors are welcome to
include a relevant CTA at the end of their posts.
This may be either image- or text-based (1-2
All content publication & editing is done at the
discretion of the Promo.com Blog team.
All posts must be at least 600 words, but long-form content (1,000+ words) is accepted and encouraged.
Articles may include relevant images, videos, and outbound links that improve the overall experience of our community.
Irrelevant hyperlinks will be removed and submissions containing keyword stuffing will be rejected.
We speak directly to the user in the second person “you”/“your”.
We stay honest and remain eye-level with readers.
We keep the fluff to
We are direct
We speak in plain language and make sure to explain any industry terms.
We are concise.
We avoid vague wording.
We speak in the
We share opinions and personal anecdotes to illustrate our points.
We are direct and actionable.
We are always POSITIVE.
We don’t over-promise.
- Video Marketing
- Social Media Advertising
- Best practices and tools for small business owners
- Optimization for small businesses and marketers
- Original content creation
- Social media tools, management, news and effective strategies
We reserve the right to decide when and if an article is published based upon the adherence to our guidelines, a relevant brand partnership, and our current content calendar.
We will contact you if and once your article goes live, using the email you provided.